WE SUGGEST ASKING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
WHEN SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE
TO HANDLE YOUR ESTATE SALE
- Do you remove unsold items? ELMS offers buyout & cleanout services and will classify unsold items into trash, donate or salable.
- Are you a member of the American Society of Estate Liquidators? ELMS staff has passed ASEL’s test and training, and also has a reputation of being most organized.
- Will you provide a written Statement of Services? ELMS has its own custom program to inventory, describe, price and print tags for each item over $20.00. No Blue Tape – Magic Marker Tags.
- How do you get paid? By commission, fee, or both? ELMS estate sales are based on commission, clean-out by estimated cost.
- If commission, what percentage of sales do you charge? ELMS generally charges a thirty percent of gross sales. No up-front cost to our clients.
- Do you write receipts for sales of all items? ELMS uses a custom 3 page receipt book which cross checks inventory, price and inventory.
- Do you offer any other services besides conducting the estate sale? ELMS will first clean, organize, price and tag for the estate sale, ELMS will classify all unsold items into one of three classifications: trash, donate and saleable. ELMS can remove all items. ELMS can make repairs and paint.
- How soon after the sale will I be paid the money owed me from the estate sales? ELMS will usually issue a check within four business days. Mainly due to accurate account procedures.
- Do you give a written final accounting with receipts, invoices and inventory? ELMS does give a finial accounting, however receipts and statements can be viewed up to one years.